[rt-users] Accessing custom fields from templates

Graeme Pyle graeme at raspberry.co.za
Tue Oct 28 04:25:53 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I'm trying to auto-create a ticket in another queue on creation of a
ticket in a given queue. This works fine, but I'm not sure how to copy
the value of one of the custom fields across to the new ticket.

It seems you can access the subject line as below:

--snip-snip--
Subject: Credit Approval for {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Subject}
--snip-snip--

and also set the custom field:

--snip-snip--
CustomField-1: $1000
--snip-snip--

but I can't get at the value of the custom field in the originating
ticket. I thought perhaps "$Tickets{'TOP'}->CustomField-<id#>" would
work, but it doesn't.

Has anyone done this before? I'm assuming it must be possible.

Thanks,

Graeme