[rt-users] RT for bug tracking?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Oct 28 13:54:10 EST 2003

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:46:43AM -0800, Sean Perry wrote:
> Eric Siegerman wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 03:45:26PM -0700, Sean Perry wrote:
> >
> >>Here are their issues with [RT] as a bug system:
> >>* flat hierarchy.  No good way to have groups and then sub-groups.
> >
> They are currently using bugzilla and have been for about 2 years.  They
> are accustomed to groups of projects with sub-projects.  Makes it easier
> to assign the bug to the right place.
>
> System -> subsystemA, subsystemB, etc.
>
> All I could see in RT was the flat queue structure.

Are you saying that Bugzilla provides simple ways to set ACLs at the
sub-project level? That's actually interesting, if it's the case.

When I've played with bugzilla, all I've seen is the semi-hardcoded
"Component" field, which has felt largely identical to an RT custom
field.  What does it get you that I'm missing?

	-jesse