[rt-users] How well does rt scale ?

Matthew Watson mwatson at netspace.net.au
Tue Oct 28 20:10:10 EST 2003

Unlimited hardware huh? sounds nice :)

I've got a db of about 700,000 tickets, I've been using 2.0.11 for quite
awhile, and apart from a few small issues (searching based on requestor is
quite slow),its
ok. Been messing with 3 for awhile and speed is generally improved for most
things, but
i've had a disable some permissions 'features' to get speed upto par when
it is looking
for certain rights (see rt-devel archives).

at 250k tickets, and a well turned db you shouldn't have much of a problem.

as far as optimisation, the biggest kick in the pants for RT that I found
was
turning on mysql4 query caching.

Hardware, database server is an AMD 1800 with SCSI RAUD and 2GB ram,web
server
is a AMD 1800 with 768mb ram.

Regards,
Matt Watson.

--On Tuesday, October 28, 2003 10:09 PM +0000 Michael Pye