[rt-users] RT1 randomly not writing transaction files?

billp billp at wjp.net
Tue Sep 2 02:07:22 EDT 2003

Here is an odd one.  I searched the archives, and came up empty.

We have been running an RT1.0.7 installation for about 2 years.
We are up to 15290 tickets and 126398 transactions total.

In the past few days, we have noticed that about 20% of the time,
create, respond and comment transactions are NOT writing out the
text transaction file.

Oddly enough, the text IS there in the email that RT sends out
informing us of the new ticket.  (Create example.)  So RT is
seeing the input.

The transactions database lists the transaction properly, but the
actual text file (/local/rt/transactions/2003/Sep/2/xxxx.xxxx) is
not there.

So we now have tickets with create, respond and comment transactions
that have no text in them.

Anyone seen this before?

Can idea how I can debug or find out why it is failing?

It is almost like a random permissions problem, but I verified that
all transaction directories are owned by rt, chmod 750 (as they
all are.)

thanks
bill