[rt-users] Splitting a ticket

Feargal Reilly feargal at thecia.ie
Tue Sep 2 11:14:55 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:26:21 +0200
Dag Bruck <dag at dynasim.se> wrote:

> Sometimes we get support e-mail which lists a number of issues.  Is
> there a convenient way of splitting a ticket into several new tickets?
> I'm thinking of a semi-manual operation where the body and requestor
> are copied.
>
> I'm aware of the possibiity to merge tickets, but I'm looking for the
> opposite operation. There is not really any need to create
> relationships between the original ticket and the new ones, but that
> might be a useful option.

Attached are two files, Create.html and ShowTransaction - I don't have patches since I don't have the source handy right now.
They add a link 'Clone' to a transaction beside 'Reply' and 'Comment'.
It'll bring you to the Create Ticket page with the subject, requestor, and transaction text pre-filled for you. Status, dependencies etc. are not filled in, but it would be easy enough to do.

This is for rt-2.0.15 - copy Create.html to /path/to/rt2/WebRT/html/Ticket/Create.html and ShowTransaction to /path/to/rt2/WebRT/html/Ticket/Element/ShowTransaction

and it should just work. You should back up the current ones first though just in case...

If you really want, I'll dig up the changed I made to them.

Regards,
-fr.