[rt-users] Apache::Test fails install with apachessl

Phil R Lawrence prlawrence at Lehigh.EDU
Thu Sep 4 07:21:58 EDT 2003

Hi,

I can't get Apache::Test to install.  It says "no test server
configured", but I can lynx localhost, and get:
           Hey, it worked !
           The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
           successfully installed on this website.

I tried passing the httpd location like so:
# HTTPD=/usr/local/apache/1.3.28/ssl/bin/ perl -MCPAN
   -e'install Apache::Test'

and also using 'o conf makepl_arg' from the CPAN shell.

Any tips?

Here's the full test error:

Running make test
/usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST -clean
*** setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; t/TEST -clean
APACHE_USER= APXS= APACHE_PORT= APACHE_GROUP= APACHE= \
/usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST -verbose=0
*** setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; t/TEST -verbose=0
!!! no test server configured, please specify an httpd or apxs or put
either in your PATH. For ex
ample:
t/TEST -httpd /path/to/bin/httpd
make: *** [run_tests] Error 1
   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force