[rt-users] Re: Fun with custom fields

David Z Maze dmaze at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 4 15:11:50 EDT 2003

David Z Maze <dmaze at cag.lcs.mit.edu> writes:

> (1) The Administrator Question: I've created a "enter multiple values"
>     field on a queue.  When I visit Ticket/Modify.html for a
>     particular ticket, there's an edit box prompting me to "enter
>     multiple values".  How do I do that?  "One value to a line" isn't
>     it; I just get one big value with multiple lines to it.

Maybe the thing to do is to change RT::Interface::Web;
lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm has, at line 1074 in
ProcessTicketCustomFieldUpdates,

                my @values =
                  ( ref( $ARGSRef->{$arg} ) eq 'ARRAY' )
                  ? @{ $ARGSRef->{$arg} }
                  : ( $ARGSRef->{$arg} );

so if the value entered is a single multiline string and nothing in
the intervening CGI-to-Perl interface converts it into an array ref,
it gets passed on as a single string.  'split /\n/, $ARGSRef->{$arg}'
for the else case here might be closer to what I want.

--
David Maze             dmaze at mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell