[rt-users] How to use reporting tool

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Fri Sep 5 06:42:25 EDT 2003

On Donnerstag, 4. September 2003, at 22:51 Uhr, G. Richard Bellamy
wrote:

> That's a good question... I've been trying to get this working for
> several weeks. Fortunately for Harald Wagener (the Stats maintainer) it
> works on his system without a fuss. Unfortunately for me (and many
> others, it appears) it doesn't work for me.
>
> My Config:
> Debian - Woody - Testing release

I am on RedHat, but we will be migrating to debian soon. But I remember
one debian user who already uses this without problems.

> RT 3.0.4
> Apache 1.3.27
> Perl 5.8.0
> mod_fastcgi 2.2.10

I use mod_fastcgi 2.4.0

> GD::Graph 1.43
> HTML::Mason 1.22

I am on Version 1.20

> libgd 2.0.12
>
> Harald Wagener, in an earlier email, states that he's got libgd 2.0.15,
> but I think he meant gd 2.0.15, which includes libgd 2.0.12.

Yes, You are right. I was assuming that GD 2.0.15 implicitly means
libgd2.0.15. I was wrong on that account. This will be fixed in next
release's version of the README.

> So, when I got around to it, I was going to start kickin around my
> httpd.conf or HTML::Mason to see if it's getting mangled in there....

I did not change the virtual host configuration to get Statistics3
going. My setup for apache 1.3.x looks as following, which is fairly
standard:

<VirtualHost nn.nn.nn.nn>
      DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
      ServerName rt.hamburg.fcb.com #internal only
      ServerAlias rt
      FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
      FCGIConfig  -appConnTimeout 300
      AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
      Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
      ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
      AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
</VirtualHost>

Regards,
     Harald