[rt-users] RE: Apache and MySQL problems on Install of 3.0.4

RT RT at InterCept.Net
Fri Sep 5 19:58:15 EDT 2003

What is the error when you try compile Apache::Request via source tar
ball or via cpan?

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Leon Sonntag [mailto:leon at iwa-solutions.com]
Posted At: Friday, September 05, 2003 7:40 PM
Posted To: RT
Conversation: [rt-users] RE: Apache and MySQL problems on Install of
3.0.4
Subject: [rt-users] RE: Apache and MySQL problems on Install of 3.0.4

At 12:48 PM 9/5/2003 +0200, Andreas Wahlfeldt wrote:
>hi leon,
>hi list,
>
>while installing
>rt-3-0-5rc1
>
>with
>mysql-standard-4.0.14
>modperl 1.27
>
>on a
>suse8.1 box
>
>i also ran into the problem that Apache::Request and DBD::mysql refused
>be installed via CPAN.
>
>i could solve it this way:
>i downloaded libapreq-1.2.tar.gz (containing Apache::Request ) and
>DBD-mysql-2.1028.tar.gz form CPAN.org manually.
>
>i installed (after unpacking ;-) DBD::mysql with the '--libs' option as
CPAN
>suggested:
>perl Makefile.PL --libs -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lcrypt
-lnsl -lm

>then i installed (as root)  libapreq.
>
>-> viola 'rt-test-dependencies' stopped complaining.
>
>hope this also works for you (and others).

Well that got me half way there...I think.
I reinstalled mysql from source because I kept getting "Can't find
mysql+conf".  Then I followed you instructions.  Now the only thing the
rt-test-dependencies is Apache::Request.  And Yes, I did go ahead and
install libapreg-1.38.  I have this feeling that I need to go back and
recompile Apache differently some how but doing it 'generically' didn't
do
the trick either.

Ooohhh welll.......next........

>cu
>andreas
>
>__________________________
>
>Andreas Wahlfeldt
>subshell GmbH
>Weidenallee 1
>20357 Hamburg
>
>t +49.40. 431 362-25
>f +49.40. 431 362-29
>e awahlfeldt at subshell.com

Most anything is easy after you've done it successfully a few times

Leon Sonntag
Innovative Web Applications
leon at iwa-solutions dot com