[rt-users] Notify CC Only Scrip ?

RT RT at InterCept.Net
Fri Sep 5 21:22:36 EDT 2003

Alan,
	I'm not sure about RT2, but in rt3, when you open up the ticket
and look at the watchers, the requestors and the queue watchers are
listed in the people area and the reply area. So you script would have
to just respond as you said to cc's only

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Horn [mailto:ahorn at deorth.org]
Posted At: Friday, September 05, 2003 8:38 PM
Posted To: RT
Conversation: [rt-users] Notify CC Only Scrip ?
Subject: [rt-users] Notify CC Only Scrip ?

Runniung RT-2.0.14

I need to setup a queue to notify a pager when tickets get submitted.

I also want to use smaller text templates (since delivery to pagers is
billed by the character)

So, rather than include the whole text etc.. I just have something like
:

Subject: Ticket # XYZ opened

for the OnCreate condition, and

Subject: Ticket # XYZ updated

For the OnCorrespond condition

To do this I've setup the pager as a Cc: for that queue, and I've added
couple of scrips for that queue :

OnCorrespond NotifyRequestors with template Correspondence
OnCorrespond NotifyAllWatchers with template pagercorrespond
OnCreate NotifyAllWatchers with template pagersubmit

And I deleted from the global scrips the
OnCorrespond NotifyRequestorsAndCcs with template Correspondence

The thing is, I'm confused as to whether Requestors are a subset of
Watchers. The documentation suggests so, and since in my case I don't
_want_ to send to requestors when sending to Ccs, I need to have an
additional scrip action, something like :

NotifyCcsOnly

There doesn't seem to be anything like this by default.

How would I go about creating a new scrip action like this ? Has anyone
done anything similar ?

Cheers,

Al