[rt-users] Installation on debian Woody

Stephen Quinney stephen.quinney at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Sep 9 04:55:16 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:43:40AM +0200, Senoner Samuel wrote:
> In debian it is very easy.
> Apt-get install request-tracker3
> It installs automatically all packages, except those where you can select.
> So you have to install separatly the db, I use postgres.
> I can't remember if apache is also installed.
>
> In docs you can find INSTALL.Debian, it explains exactly how to go
> on with your installation.

It's really great to hear that people think it is easy to install rt3
on Debian sid/sarge. However, the original poster was asking about
installing onto Debian woody. This isn't easy right now although I
have done it. I have nearly all the necessary backported packages (but
not mysql or apache2 for instance) and I am just about to work on
putting together an apt repository. This should provide everything for
an apache1.3, mod_perl based install using postgres.

I will post details here when the repository is available.

Stephen Quinney <sjq at debian.org>