[rt-users] RT3 email setup for postfix

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Tue Sep 9 10:43:17 EDT 2003

Hi,

Could I ask what settings postfix users are using for RT3?

The reason is, I thought our RT setup was working fine, but now I
start to see:

Sep  7 02:59:29 laudanum postfix/sendmail[42205]: fatal: cannot handle command-line recipients with -t

in the logs each time someone replies to a ticket.

Settings I have:

Set($MailCommand , 'sendmail');
Set($SendmailArguments , "-oi");
Set($SendmailPath , "/usr/sbin/sendmail");
Set($UseFriendlyFromLine , 1);
Set($FriendlyFromLineFormat , "\"%s via RT\" <%s>");
# This one didn't seem to work when I set it to 1, btw, even though
# the comments in the config file said it would with postfix
Set($UseFriendlyToLine , 0);
Set($FriendlyToLineFormat, "\"%s of $RT::rtname Ticket #%s\":;");

Thanks,
Andy