[rt-users] RT daytabase initialization problem

Leon Sonntag leon at iwa-solutions.com
Tue Sep 9 11:42:20 EDT 2003

At 01:29 PM 9/9/2003 +0400, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
>Leon Sonntag wrote:
>
>>At 03:20 PM 9/8/2003 -0400, Adam Hooper wrote:
>>
>>>Your DBD::mysql is broken. It's not linking to libmysqlclient.so. This
>>>isn't an RT issue... but the stuff to try first:
>>>- 'locate libmysqlclient.so'
>>>- make sure its path is in /etc/ld.so.conf
>>>- re-run /sbin/ldconfig (as root)
>>

>>Thanks for the suggestions....Unfortunately, it didn't stop OR change the
>>error message.  And this is even after compiling mySQL from a source
>>tarball.  Any suggestions on redoing mySQL?
>>
>>>Didn't DBD::mysql fail the 'make test'?
>>

>>No, It found 2.1018  that's what is so mystifying         !@#$
>
>As I have understood you upgrade your mysql, Apache instalation.
>DBD::mysql driver partly writed in C couse of it you have to update its
>instalation.
>Also if you have upgraded perl you have to reinstall all perl modules.
>
>PS: mysql client work fine?

When you say "client", I assume you mean mysql from the commandline.  In
which case, yes it works just fine.  I don't know mysql very well yet so I
didn't test very much.  But I was able to connect to the server from the
commandline.

An interesting sidebar-  When I try to re-install DBD::mysql

>>>--
>>>Adam Hooper
>>>adamh at densi.com

Most anything is easy after you've done it successfully a few times

Leon Sonntag
Innovative Web Applications
leon at iwa-solutions dot com