[rt-users] postgres slowdowns? (pg 7.3.4, rt 3.0.4)

Kevin Murphy murphy at genome.chop.edu
Tue Sep 9 11:49:50 EDT 2003

Hi,

Before I look into this more carefully, I thought I would see if
anybody else has experienced this.

Under certain unknown conditions, RT becomes unusably sluggish.   Some
requests that ordinarily return immediately take a very long time, over
a minute sometimes.  I haven't yet noticed a pattern, but once it
starts happening, many but not all requests are slow.

I suspect postgresql because a 'top' shows postgres consuming a low but
noticeable amount of CPU  (< 10%) consistently during the slow requests.

Tickets, attachments, and transactions all still number in the
hundreds.  The database is less than 60 MB in size.   Looking at top, I
don't see any page ins or outs.

Thanks,
Kevin Murphy

RT 3.04