[rt-users] auto-resolve on response?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Sep 9 15:32:13 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 11:52, Rasmus Brøgger wrote:

> > Couldn't you make a Scrip which OnCorrespond checked who the
> > corespondence came from and if From == Owner (or some other special
> > thing) set the state to resolved?  The pieces should all be there for it
> > I think.
> >
> > Now if you ONLY use the web interface this is easy too.  Instead of
> > hittng reply, choose Resolve at the top and it will reply and resolve
> > the ticket in one go.  I often use the Jumbo link to modify a lot of

> You could, but it would require some work on auth to ensure you can't
> exploit it.
>
> SMTP has no user auth pr defaut, so you need to be careful. At least if
> its a public system.

There is no way to see these queues from outside. Email is public
and I suppose it is possible that someone unauthorized could guess a
ticket number and send a message that would resolve it but I don't
think I'll lose any sleep over it. There are several watchers on
these queues so we would notice if that ever happened anyway.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com