[rt-users] Performance Issues

John Jasen jjasen at datafoundation.com
Thu Sep 11 10:30:50 EDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Amy Tanner wrote:

> We're currently running RT 3.0.3 with perl 5.6.1 on a RH 7.3 box and
> using postgresql 7.1.3.  When creating or modifying tickets, it can take
> 30-60 seconds to complete.  It looks like the database connection/query
> takes only about 3 seconds.  I can't figure out what's causing it to be
> so slow.  I noticed a few other threads on this topic recently (from
> August) but no obvious answers.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

One thing I noticed, without doing any tuning of httpd or the DB (in my
case, mysql), is that throwing more memory at it helps. The box went from
512MB to 768MB and there was marked improvement in RT 3.0.4 performance.

I can't comment on bumping it up to 1GB, because in that same round, I
moved to mysql 4.0.x, which by itself improved performance over mysql 3.x
-- but that doesn't help you. :)

This is also on a 7.3 system.