[rt-users] postgres slowdowns? (pg 7.3.4, rt 3.0.4)

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Sep 11 13:25:28 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 11:01, Vivek Khera wrote:

> are you by chance running a vacuum on your DB at the same time?
>
> have you tuned your PG beyond the defaults for amount of shared memory
> and sort memory?
>
> what is the concurrency of use at the slow times?

I just copied over about 12,000 tickets from a fairly snappy
rt2/mysql to a different machine with rt3/postgresql and it
is extremely slow even with just one user.  I've done a
vacuum analyze but am still running with the default postmaster
settings from a RedHat RPM install.   Can you suggest some
options to speed it up?  The machine has a gig of ram (the other
one had 2 gigs) but I can add more if needed.

---
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com