[rt-users] CanonicalizeAddress in RT 3.0.5 ?

Ana Paula Prado ap at webhostbrasil.com.br
Thu Sep 11 18:47:58 EDT 2003

Hi all !

Well, I'm using RT 3.0.5 and some users send requests from different
email accounts (for example: peter at hotmail.com, joe at yahoo.com), but all
adresses belong to the same user, and it would be good to be able to
group the requests together as a single requestor, so, when this user
to access the SelfService, it will be able to see all messages.

I searched in the list archives, I found an example (see below)  in the
message:
http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-March/012621.html

  %address_to_user = (
    # Email address     => RT Username
    'john at example.com'  => 'john',
    'j_g at sample.org'    => 'john',
    'jhq at why.com'       => 'john',
  );
  sub CanonicalizeAddress {
      my $address = shift;
      return $address_to_user{$address};
  }

My doubt is.... where I place this?
In "/opt/rt3/etc/RT_Config.pm"  ???

In my RT_Config.pm, I only see this:

Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch   , 'subdomain.example.com$');
Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace , 'example.com');

But I do not know what to make with this...     :=)

Thanks for any help!
--
Ana Paula Prado <ap at webhostbrasil.com.br>