[rt-users] Standard RT Reporting and Statistics

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Tue Sep 16 04:47:32 EDT 2003

On Dienstag, 16. September 2003, at 06:24vorm., Real Carbonneau wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In the documentation there is mention of Simon Cozen Statistics
> Package, as
> well as in several posts.  So far I have heard of these
> Report/Statistics
> packages:
>
> Simon Cozen Statistics Package
> http://www.tzi.de/~hollow/stats.tar.gz
>
> py Request Tracker Report
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgrtreport/
>
> Statistics 3
> http://www.tzi.de/~hollow/Statistics3.tgz
>
> Are there others that I have missed?
> Is there one that is the standard / recommended / most used package?

According to the error reports, Statistics3 is in high demands, but I
don't seem to be able to help people with problems much )-: . I don't
know about the python package, but the first and last mentioned seem to
be what people associate if they hear 'RT Statistics'. The main problem
is that the creation of automatic graphs is an additional source of
errors and misconfigurations.

A quick look at the python tool seems to indicate that it is well
suited for creating information that can be processed in other
programs, whereas the statistics package is best suited for creating
pretty images on web sites.

> Why is there no reporting or statistics in the standard distribution
> of RT
> (Other than a search)?
>  Will some Reports/Statistics be added to the
> package?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Real

Statistics 3 is the continuation of Simon Cozen's Statistics package.
The old version is for RT 2, the new one for RT 3 (hence the '3' in
'Statistics3').

Regards,
     Harald Wagener