[rt-users] Ticket ID containing date

Paul McEnery paul at linuxit.com
Wed Sep 17 17:12:20 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am hoping that someone will be able to point me in the right direction
here. I have searched the lists and faq with little success. I have seen an
RT queue that has assigned the request id to a number that is the current
date + a unique number for example 20030917001. Is this configuration
possible via editing the RT_SiteConfig.pm file or do I need to get my hands
a little more dirty than this? I am using v3.0.4.

If I could have a little advice on achieving this, it would be much
appreciated.

TIA
Paul