[rt-users] Standard RT Reporting and Statistics

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Sep 18 04:53:07 EDT 2003

On Mittwoch, 17. September 2003, at 22:42Uhr, THAUVIN Blaise (Dir.
Informatique) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This last mail from Harald helped me a lot, I now managed to get a
> graph, but only by manually editing the URL called :
>
> Here are my findings :
>
> 1) As the mail says, Apache::GD::Graph is needed. The Readme file says
> it is not, that was the main reason why my install did not work. The
> README file should add the info about the Apache config file.

I have Statistics running without Apache::GD::Graph here (debian/sid,
apache-1.3.27). So, this is not entirely true.  Joseph is running rt2,
for which I described what to do.

> 2) The Statistics tabs still does not appear. If I drop the "Tabs"
> file into my local/html directory, RT crashes with the folowing
> message : 32 levels deep in component stack (infinite recursive call?)
> (full error message pasted at the end) (RT 3.0.5 with RTFM installed.
> I used to see the Statistics tabs before, it may be before I installed
> RTFM)

Maybe jesse can shed some light on this? I will be testing 3.0.5 as
soon as the debian package is ready. I haven't tested with RTFM so far.

> 3) The URL for the graph does not work :
> http://hotline.dauphin-affichage.com/Statistics/CallsQueueDay/
> Elements/Chart?
> x_labels=Thu%2011,Fri%2012,Mon%2015,Tue%2016,Wed%2017&data1=9,6,10,7,3&
> data2=18,8,12,9,4&data3=0,0,0,1,0
>
> I can get a correct graph if :
>    a) I change the path to shorten it and replace "Chart" with "chart".
>    b) I change the variables to arrays, adding [] pairs.

This is Apache::GD::Graphs way of parsing data. You basically undid my
changes to avoid Apache::GD::Graph.

Regards,
     Harald