[rt-users] Stop abusers

Funs Kessen funs.kessen at bbned.nl
Fri Sep 19 10:59:08 EDT 2003

Hi,

> Was wondering how I can black list a user from the "everyone" group from
> adding a ticket to the system.

I wouldn't know, but if you've given "everyone" the opertunity to create
tickets
You should revise your ACL setup, because giving everyone rights and then
revoking them is not very logical in my opinion :)

> This users system seems to be infected with a virus and I am getting huge
> number of junk emails creating tickets in my system.

I'd blok him at mail server level, and not on RT level,
if you're running sendmail you can do this in the access file

> Also, while we are at it, how can I incorporate a spam / virus
> filter in RT?

I think you could better incorporate this in your mail server that
runs on the box instead of your ticketing system, ticketing systems
are not meant for filtering spam and virus checking ;)

> I am enjoying this!!

You should :)

Grtz Funs