[rt-users] Location instead of virtualhost

Michael A. Foster fgv at psu.edu
Sat Sep 20 07:19:49 EDT 2003

I just finished wrestling with this issue; the solution below worked for
me.

Here is the excerpt from my httpd.conf for Apache 2, rt 3.05, fastcgi, on
Redhat 9.

FastCgiIpcDir /opt/rt3/bin/fastcgi
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi
ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

Alias /rt /opt/rt3/share/html
  <Location "/rt">
  Options +ExecCGI
  SetHandler fastcgi-script
  AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
  </Location>

I needed the FastCgiIpcDir directive to specify a location
to store the Unix
socket files used for communication between the applications and the web
server.  I assigned ownership mywebuser:mywebuser and permissions 755 to
this directory.  For some reason, the default location for this directory
was getting 'permission denied' errors which I couldn't solve.

The current config works great.

 -- Michael A. Foster
Senior Research Associate
Center for Gravitational Wave Physics