[rt-users] Scrip Question

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Sep 24 11:36:07 EDT 2003

Derek Buttineau wrote:

> Please excuse me if this is a silly or repetitive question, but I'm
> trying to create a scrip that changes the owner to nobody on a ticket
> if a user corresponds back to the ticket..
>
> I have the following setup, but nothing seems to be happening..
>
> Condition: User Defined
> Custom Condition:
>
> if (($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Correspond") and
> ($self->TicketObj->OwnerObj->Id != $RT::Nobody->Id)) {
> return(1);
> } else {
> return(undef);
> }
>
> Action: User Defined
> Custom action prep:

First of all you don't need this 'IF' you have allready checked it in
condition. Don't you think so?

>    my $retval = undef;
>    if ( defined( $self->TicketObj->OwnerObj->id ) ){
>        if( $self->TicketObj->OwnerObj->Id != $RT::Nobody->Id ){
>        $retval = 1;
>        }
>    }

You don't have return here !
return $retval;

Turn on debug to separate file in RT's config. Each step of user defined
scrips go through "eval"s and log nay error.

> Custom action cleanup:
>
> my $retval = undef;
> if ($self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->Id !=
> $self->TicketObj->OwnerObj->Id)
> {
>  $RT::Logger->info("Untake ticket");
>  # They don't own the ticket.  Untake it.
>  $retval = $self->TicketObj->SetOwner($RT::Nobody->Id);
> }
>   return( $retval );
>
> Template: Global template: Blank

May be better deny to take tickets that were requested by somebody else?