[rt-users] WebExternalAuth and Apache authentication

Stefan Berder sbe at oleane.net
Thu Sep 25 07:54:23 EDT 2003

After harvesting the ML archives, I didn't find any clues about my problem.
Here is the point, I use LDAP to authenticate my users on the apache
server, and would like RT to consider the user is logged and not
presenting the logging box.
When i log in by apache, i still have the login prompt from RT ...
The user exists in both ldap and RT with same username and I checked the
REMOTE_USER that is correct (thx phpinfo()).
I use RT 3.0.5
Here are excerpts from my config :
Apache:
     AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
     ScriptAlias /restricted/rt3 /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
     Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

RT:
# If $WebExternalAuth is defined, RT will defer to the environment's
# REMOTE_USER variable.

Set($WebExternalAuth , 1);

# If $WebFallbackToInternalAuth is undefined, the user is allowed a chance
# of fallback to the login screen, even if REMOTE_USER failed.

Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth , 1);

Is there anybody around having an idea of what could be the pb, I found
a similar problem in the archive but no solution and it was talking
about a rather old version of RT.

--
  #=- Stefan Berder                  tel : 4 76 72        -=#
  #=- Ingénieur système et réseau          01 41 21 76 72 -=#