[rt-users] Permissions on RT Config files

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Thu Sep 25 09:09:05 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 09:36:16PM +1200, Dave Brooks, BCS Systems wrote:
> The '-f' test in RT.pm was finding the file, however the 'require' was
> failing. Setting world read permissions fixed things.
[snip]
> Can anyone offer an explanation? Apache is running as nobody/nobody.

Did you run ./configure with the --with-web-user and --with-web-group
options? If you don't specify those options, it defaults to the user
and group "www." You may also want to check that all the owners and
groups are set right. Use the --help option for configure to see the
list of everything you can set.

Michael

--
Michael S. Liebman                |"I have vision and the rest of the
                                  |world wears bifocals."
m-liebman at northwestern.edu        |-Paul Newman as Butch Cassidy in
                                  |"Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"