[rt-users] First time install - can't login

Walt Reed rt at linuxguy.com
Fri Sep 26 13:34:19 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:25:35AM -0400, Walt Reed said:
> I installed RT (3.0.6) for the first time on RedHat 8, Mysql 4.0.14, modperl1,
> etc. The configure and setup went flawless.
>
> Only problem: can't login to the system with "root" and the default
> password of "password". It just returns me to the login screen.
>
> I don't get any error messages in any log files (apache, syslog, or the
> RT log file)
>
> I saw some other messages about this problem in the archives, but no
> solutions.
>
> Any pointers? How can I turn logging on to debug this? I already have
> this set:
> Set($LogToSyslog    , 'debug');
> Set($LogToScreen    , 'error');
> Set($LogToFile      , 'debug');
> Set($LogDir, '/usr/local/rt/var/log');
> Set($LogToFileNamed , "rt.log");    #log to rt.log
>
> There is NOTHING in any logs.

OK, I started plowing around the login code, trying to figure this thing
out. I'm not finding any debug / logging code. Is there a way to turn on
debugging?? How does it log if there are no logging statements???
In fact, while the rt.log file is created, it's empty.

RT is creating a session cookie that I can see in my browser, so that
part works, but beyond that I can't see any activity at all. Nothing in
the apache log, nothing in syslog, nothing in rt.log.