[rt-users] Good Instruction for RT3 + Apache2 + FastCGI + MYSQL

Guillaume Perréal perreal at lyon.cemagref.fr
Tue Sep 30 06:04:06 EDT 2003

Rommie a écrit :

>I solved this already. You need to put this on httpd.conf
>
> AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
> FastCgiIpcDir /var/log/httpd/fastcgi
> FastCgiServer /usr/local/rt/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 3600
> Alias /NoAuth/images /usr/local/rt/share/html/NoAuth/images/
> ScriptAlias / /usr/local/rt/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>
>FastCgiIpcDir directs mod_fastcgi where it will put sockets and lock files.
>Then you need to chown to apache or www  all httpd
>log directories including parents and chmod to 777.

That might be ok for testing but I woudln't recommend these settings for
a production server as chmod'ing log directory to 777 might be a *big*
security (and confidentiality) hole.

Another way is to put fastcgi sockets and files in another directory.
For example :

In httpd.conf:

FastCgiIpcDir   /var/run/httpd/fastcgi

Create the directories before (re)starting Apache :

mkdir -p /var/run/httpd/fastcgi
chown -R apache:apache /var/run/httpd
chmod 700 -R /var/run/httpd

This way you keep secure log directories and fastcgi ones...

--
Guillaume Perréal.

Responsable informatique,
Cemagref, groupement de Lyon,