[rt-users] move resolved tickets into another table

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Apr 8 18:49:48 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 17:36, Jim Rowan wrote:
> > You can prove this quickly just by observing that whatever machine
> > you have running the program does not have infinite storage, therefore
> > it is only a matter of time until a program that assumes you do will
> > break.
>
> Yes, but we might not be alive in the year 3048.  Some realistic
> judgment is called for before embarking on a significant development
> journey. :)

Agreed, but we've had around a thousand tickets opened on a bad
day.  I hope that doesn't happen often but it is unrealistic to
think it can't or that a database should collect things at that
rate forever.  Maybe google can do it but I think they keep people
wheeling new racks of PC's into place around the clock.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com