[rt-users] Using Priority to send email pages

Aaron Turner aturner at netscreen.com
Mon Apr 5 17:25:59 EDT 2004

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Hey Bruce,

There are a number of ways to do that.  Prolly the easiest way is to
have your cron job limit on status = new and priority >= 10.  Then when
it pages the admin, have it change the status to open.

That or use a custom field to mark it 'page sent' or something like
that.

You could use something like:

my $Tickets = new RT::Tickets($RT::SystemUser);
$Tickets->LimitQueue(VALUE => 'myqueuename');
$Tickets->LimitStatus(VALUE => 'new');

while (my $Ticket = $Tickets->Next) {
    if ($Ticket->Priority >= 10) {
        # send a page here

        # send only one page
        $Ticket->SetStatus('open');
    }
}

You could always get extra fancy and use 2way pagers and have the admin
'take the ticket' to cause it to stop paging and escalate every X
minutes to another admin, but that's beyond the scope of this email :)

Hope that helps,
Aaron

--
Aaron Turner  <aturner at netscreen.com>    work: 408-543-4025
Sr. Security Engineer                    fax:  408-543-4078