[rt-users] Workaround: Insecure dependency in eval while running setgid

Graeme Pyle graeme at raspberry.co.za
Tue Apr 6 11:16:13 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been having intermittent errors running RT 3.0.10 as below:

--snip-snip--

System error

error:
Insecure dependency in eval while running setgid at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/Locale/Maketext/Guts.pm line 247.

context:
243: unshift @code, "use strict; sub {\n";
244: push @code, "}\n";
245:
246: print @code if DEBUG;
247: >>>> my $sub = eval(join '', @code); <<<<
248: die "$@ while evalling" . join('', @code) if $@; # Should be
impossible.
249: return $sub;
250:
}

--snip-snip--

I followed instructions from Roy-Magne Mo at
http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2004-February/020606.html to
fix, but I needed to make some adjustments for Apache 2 - the most
important of which was adding the line

--snip-snip--
SuexecUserGroup rt rt
--snip-snip--

to my virtual host (suexec tries to spawn another root:root FastCGI
server otherwise). I include my Apache config for reference:

--snip-snip--
FastCgiWrapper /usr/sbin/suexec2
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp/fastcgi
FastCgiServer
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/dexani-rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi
-idle-timeout 300 -user rt -group rt

<VirtualHost *:80>

         SuexecUserGroup rt rt

         DocumentRoot /var/www/localhost/htdocs/dexani-rt3/share/html

         AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi

         Alias /NoAuth/images/
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/dexani-rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
         ScriptAlias /
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/dexani-rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

--snip-snip--

I've also commented on the Locale::Maketext bug at
http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=5521

Cheers,
Graeme

--