[rt-users] Custom fields at resolution time?

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Tue Apr 6 21:56:56 EDT 2004

At 08:17 AM 4/6/2004, Nick Bown wrote:
>Does anyone have any code which would allow them to do this or a work
>around? The only other way I can think of doing it is have them type a
>tag into the resolution message and use that to search on but that seems
>pretty messy.

Custom fields are definitely the way to go for this. I'm currently working
on modifying my Update.html to display the appropriate CFs need for
resolving a ticket when the DefaultStatus is resolved to turn this into a
one step process for most cases. I routinely do a query for each queue to
make sure that every ticket that is resolved has a value set for the
appropriate CFs.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                 http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"