[Rt-users] Outlook emails not showing

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu Apr 15 13:34:51 EDT 2004

On Apr 15, 2004, at 1:06 PM, Glenn E. Sieb wrote:

> Aren't there tools in Perl that could strip out the HTML, and the RTF
> tags? I mean, isn't that one of the things Perl was designed to do? I
> know, in my case, at least, that it isn't so much a

there are tools from which you can build, but the all-perl solutions
have a certain amount of breakage.  For example, any tables will be
totally lost -- not just the tableness but the entire content between

I have two very well tested perl functions for converting HTML to text,
one of which is all perl and suffers as above, and the other which uses
w3m as an external program to do the formatting (which preserves tables
*and* HREF links as footnotes).  I have not integrated them into RT
since I haven't had the need.