[rt-users] some performance improvements when caching transactions in ShowHistory

Ralf Hack ralf.hack at pipex.net
Tue Apr 20 16:32:14 EDT 2004

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>It's worth looking at using mason's internal caching, rather than going
>to a disk cache.  Also, I'd bet that doubling or quadrupling the memory
>will result in a pretty wild performance improvement with much less
>developer-pain.

You are scraping the bottom of my mason know-how here. It's been only a
couple of weeks. But yes, web server and memory go hand in hand.

I was impressed with the performance increase I could squeeze out of the
old book stand ;-), so I thought I'd share this with the audience here.
Perhaps it helps as a data point of observation.

Ralf.