[rt-users] Statistics 3 - text/html.

Brian Scanlan brian.scanlan at redbrick.dcu.ie
Tue Apr 20 17:39:25 EDT 2004

Hi all,

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:55:09PM +0100, Brian Scanlan wrote:

> I think all of these problems are related to this Debian bug.

It looks like I've found a workaround to this problem. I've seen a few
people post to the list without much success.

Problem description:
* Search breaks, returning some HTTP headers and a...

OK

The document has moved here

...page appears, which is really annoying.

* Attachments are sent with a wrong mime type - Everything gets given

* The images produced by Statistics 3 are also broken by this.

I had migrated from a 3.0.6 install to 3.0.8 (and subsequently to
3.0.10, the problem lingered). However, on the 3.0.6 install I was
simply modifying the system html/ directory, and not using the overlay
functionality of Mason. So, when I upgraded to 3.0.8, I thought it would
be ok to copy the 3.0.6 html/ directory to
/usr/local/share/request-tracker3/html - Removing this directory removed
the problem, and I had only made a few changes to the templates anyway,
so these were made against the 3.0.10 html/ tree and only modified files
were installed into the /usr/local/share/request-tracker3/html
directory.

I wonder is the problem Debian specific - Perhaps it's just because
Debian makes it easy to upgrade RT thanks to the wonderful job done by
the packagers that this seems to have hit Debian users more so than
others.

Brian.
--
"Verbing weirds language"