[rt-users] Re: database migration

Rick Ellis Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 21 04:13:42 EDT 2004

Hi David,

I have spoken to two of our Oracle DBA's this morning and they tell me
that Oracle can handle Mysqldump files perfectly well.

To prove a point, they used my backup dump files to create an Oracle
instance on our dev server.

So long as the sql you output is valid, "Oracle doesn't care". They said
try sql plus or sequencer.

Rik

--
Rick Ellis <Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM>