[rt-users] webmux difficulties

Nathan J. Mehl rtusers at memory.blank.org
Fri Apr 23 10:34:55 EDT 2004

Attempting to install rt3.0.10 on a RedHat 7.3 box running apache
1.3.29 and perl 5.6.1 (yes, yes, I know -- this is only for the
purposes of running the rt2->rt3 migration, at which point the db gets
backed up, the box gets burned to the ground and I install something
with perl 5.8.3; anyone who doubts the wisdom of this plan is
cheerfully invited to give me another dual-xeon machine on which to do
this properly), I'm running into the following problem when I attempt
to start up apache:

   Subroutine handler redefined at /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 125.
   [Fri Apr 23 09:29:59 2004] [error] Undefined subroutine
   &RT::LoadConfig called at /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 74.

   Syntax error on line 1244 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
   Undefined subroutine &RT::LoadConfig called at
   /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 74.

The apache vhost is defined as:

   <VirtualHost _default_:*>
       ServerName rt3.work.com
       DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
       AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

       PerlModule Apache::DBI
       PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

       <Location />
           SetHandler perl-script
           PerlHandler RT::Mason
       </Location>
   </VirtualHost>

Interestingly, webmux.pl, if run from the shell, exits cleanly with no
errors.

Likewise, the rt3 cli (/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt) appears to run cleanly,
so this doesn't appear to be a mangled config.pm issue.

Any insight that anyone could offer would be appreciated.

-n