[rt-users] auto reply to requestors + CC's

Paul Suela pds at skyinet.net
Wed Apr 28 06:35:20 EDT 2004

Ruslan can you help me out with this one? :)

The ultimate goal is:

- to have RT be aware of the CC: list that a requestor may have included
when opening the ticket,
- have RT send an auto-reply to the requestor and those included in the
cc: list.
- any the requestor and the cc: to get any reply correspondence thru out
the life of the ticket.

i read somewhere that rt2 used to do this?

I still cant figure this out.. I found that $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs
could be promising.... i tried using the ff to no avail..

# If $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs is true, RT will attempt to divine
# Ticket 'Cc' watchers from the To and Cc lines of incoming messages
# Be forewarned that if you have _any_ addresses which forward mail to
# RT automatically and you enable this option without modifying
# "RTAddressRegexp" below, you will get yourself into a heap of trouble.

Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , 1);

# RTAddressRegexp is used to make sure RT doesn't add itself as a ticket
CC if
# the setting above is enabled.

Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^rt\@rt.mydomain.com$');

Here's a sample based on my email test results