[rt-users] RT3 and Apache2 (devels please correct README file)

Paulo Matos pjsm at fct.unl.pt
Thu Apr 29 08:45:09 EDT 2004

	Hi!

	Devels, please correct README file!

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Autrijus Tang wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 09:14:04AM +0100, Dermot Williams wrote:
> > Trying to browse to http://rt3.system.com/ results in a
> > 404 error. Browsing to http://rt3.system.com/index.html works perfectly.
>
> Put this in RT's virtualhost section in your httpd.conf:
>
> 	RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html

	This directive is much better than Rewrite as suggested on README
file (mod_rewrite is too powerfull for doing just this :).

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Paul Wagland wrote:

> I don't claim to be the expert on why it is doing this, but we have
> also had the same problem. This is the workaround that we use:
>
> <Location /rt3>
>     [... blah blah blah...]
>     RedirectMatch permanent ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
> </Location>

	For the record, this specific solution (Location) applyes to
people who does not have rt has a virtual host...

	Would be nice to have a configuration example of apache for this
case (not virtualhost) on README.

--
	Paulo Matos