[rt-users] FastCGI problem

David Hugh-Jones hughjonesd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 13:18:12 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Well after a long struggle I am almost there!

I am doing a non-root install of RT, a server where I
can't just choose anything. First of all, mod_perl is
built as a DSO. So I gave up trying with mod_perl
after getting a lot of "POST not working" bugs.

Now I have set up FastCGI. Everything is almost
working. I can tell, because I can see the HTML for
the login page!

Problem is, for some reason, that HTML is going to my
Apache error log, not to the client. As a result
Apache gives up on mason_handler.cgi.

My configuration details:

perl 5.6.1 (I can't change it, remember)
Apache 1.3
FastCGI as a module

Part of httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost support.myserver.com
tickets.myserver.com>
# added DHJ 27.4.04
ServerName support.myserver.com
DocumentRoot /usr/local/RT/share/html/
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
ScriptAlias / /usr/local/RT/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
FastCgiIpcDir /usr/local/RT/var/fcgi/
FastCgiServer /usr/local/RT/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

Alias /NoAuth/images/
/usr/local/RT/share/html/NoAuth/images/
        <Location />
        SetHandler fastcgi-script
        </Location>

</VirtualHost>

Any ideas what is going on or how to debug?

Cheers
David

Any help