[rt-users] Populating User data on ticket creation

Richard Ellis Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM
Fri Apr 30 04:09:25 EDT 2004

Hi Guys,

Whilst looking at custom fields and getting them to work, we have noticed that some of the data we are intending to capture can be dealt with by just populating the fields of the User instead.

I'm not finding an example of this and I would prefer to avoid altering the core RT files. Has anyone ever done this successfully from a scrip or template? Can I do this using ExtractCustomFields?

The things we are looking to do are Organisation, Address, Phone No's etc from Email Body to the User Table.

If anyone can point me to an example or where it is on the lists as google is being less than helpful right now.

Thanks

Rik