[rt-users] Performance and responsetime in RT 3.0.10

Hilde Therese Lauvset Hilde.Lauvset at cc.uit.no
Fri Apr 30 08:13:32 EDT 2004

  _____

Fra: Hilde Therese Lauvset
Sendt: 30. april 2004 14:07
Til: 'rt-users at bestpractical.com'
Emne: Performance and responsetime in RT 3.0.10

Hi,

We think RT's response time is very low. It take about 6-7 seconds to
load a new page every time. I was wondering if anybody has the same
response time; better or worse. I have tried to do some research on how
to better the performance and has done a few changes, but with no luck.

Is there an idea to use indexing in the mysql database? Or isn't the
database a problem at all?

If anyone has an idea of what we can do, so please give us a hint.

Here are our settings:

Machine: 2 CPU with 1 GHz and 1 GB RAM

RT-3.0.10

Apache 2.0

Fastcgi 2.4.2

Mysql 4

httpd.conf:

LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so

AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.x.x:80

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.x.x:80>

        ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

        ServerName blabla

        DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html

        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

</VirtualHost>

# hack to fix graphics with fastcgi

NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.x.x:81

<VirtualHost xxx.xx.x.x:81>

        DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images

</VirtualHost>

PerlSetVar MasonCodeCacheMaxSize 20000000

PerlSetVar MasonStaticSource 1

If you find something strange in my httpd.conf file please tell me :-)

Hilde Therese