[rt-users] RE: RT-3.2.1 Problem - Can not go into Configuration page.

Nathan Tallack nathan at iseek.com.au
Sun Aug 1 18:36:00 EDT 2004

Hi there,

Ok. I figured out why it was going to the /index.html, but now I have a
new problem.

I had a Redirect statement in my virtualhost config so that whenever
someone went to http://rt3.domain.com/ it would send them to
http://rt3.domain.com/index.html, because apache was not doing it by
default, even with the DirectoryIndex index.html statement there.

So I remove that Redirect rule, and make the users go to
http://rt3.domain.com/index.html to log in.  But now when I click on the
configure link, it sends me to http://rt3.domain.com/Admin/ and of
course, I have that same problem where index.html is not assumed, so it
does not load the page.  If I type in
http://rt3.domain.com/Admin/index.html it works fine.

Why isn't apache looking for index.html by default for this virtualhost?

I do have the DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.cgi index.php
index.var statement elsewhere in my apache config.

Here is my virtualhost config.

-----snip-----
<VirtualHost 202.83.64.174:5000>
    ServerName rt3.iseek.com.au:5000
    ServerAlias webrt.iseek.com.au:5000
    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html/
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

    <Location />
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

I am running apache 2.0.46 on a RedHat ES3 server.

Nathan...