[rt-users] Recommended hardware

Rick Rezinas rick.rezinas at qsent.com
Tue Aug 3 15:44:43 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am running RT on a small machine now, but have been tasked with
upgrading the hardware to improve performance as it becomes more visible
outside of my department.

We are a solaris shop, I run apache with mod_perl, all RT-related
software is up-to-date (as of 2 weeks ago).

So, my question is this.  When looking at new hardware, what are the
hardware parameters that are considered most important for RT
performance?

Is there much value in multiple CPU's?
I've seen RAM stated as pretty key to performance on this list.
Any recommendations regarding disk I/O?

Obviously, I'd like to purchase the biggest baddest box available, but
this project is fairly skunkworks so my budget's not that great.

thanks much!
rick

--
Rick Rezinas