[rt-users] Recommended hardware

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Aug 4 10:03:27 EDT 2004

Am Di, 2004-08-03 um 21.44 schrieb Rick Rezinas:
> Hello,
>
> I am running RT on a small machine now, but have been tasked with
> upgrading the hardware to improve performance as it becomes more visible
> outside of my department.
>
> We are a solaris shop, I run apache with mod_perl, all RT-related
> software is up-to-date (as of 2 weeks ago).
>
> So, my question is this.  When looking at new hardware, what are the
> hardware parameters that are considered most important for RT
> performance?

SUN has a tutorial on RT on their bigadmin website.
Some days/weeks ago, someone from SUN posted a hardware-setup for their
internal RT setup.

IIRC, 2*R420, fully spec'ed ...
If you have the money, go for it ;-)

You can always buy one of their Dual-Xeons or new Opterons and use
Solaris x86 - I'm pretty sure, they'll be able to help you with that,
too.

Rainer