[rt-users] Queue Question and users who can view a queue

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Aug 4 16:20:32 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 15:11, Shawn Guillemette wrote:

> Id like users a,b and c to be able to view only the support queue. At
> the same time Id like to have the NET-OPS users be able to monitor
> both the Support and NET-OPS queue.
>

> I have tried many combinations of permissions to accomplish this how
> ever I have not had any luck.. I can only get users to view the
> tickets that they open. I want them to see all tickets sent to the
> queue for the department that they belong too.

This becomes much easier if you put the users into groups first.
Create a support group for users a,b,c, and a net-ops group for
the others.  Give the support group the permissions you want
on the support queue.  Give the net-ops group permissions on
both queues.  If you want them to get email copies you have
to also make them admincc's.

---
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com