[rt-users] TransactionBatch and TransactionCreate [mx]]

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Thu Aug 5 12:47:39 EDT 2004

Michael Bochynski wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 11:58, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
>

>>>Unfortunately there are a lot of code changes. Besides, if I turn
>
> the
>
>>>TransactionBatch in the RT_SiteCofig I still cannot get any script
>
> in
>
>>>this stage to execute.
>>
>>Apache restart?
>

> :) not only restart, but also stop->wait->count to ten->start :)
So leave it alone for now. It's unstable and is there by evil incident :)

>>>Is there any other way to automatically add AdminCC and notify them
>>>about a ticket being opened? I don't want to make them queue
>
> watchers,
>
>>>because they will be added to only certain tickets, based on some
>>>criteria.
>>
>>You don't need batch stage.
>>
>>You need custom condition that checks your criteria.
>>And custom action that adds AdminCC to ticket.
>>

> Yeah. Been there, done that. This part works. Custom condition? I use
> "On create" condition, and in custom action I check ie subject,
> requestor, and add (or not) the particular Admin CC
>

>>And then you need scrip that notify AdminCC on open event.
>>

> :) and this part doesn't work. I do not want to open ticket i want to
> leave it as it is. And "on create" doesn't send the emails to AdminCC's
:) Finaly I got info that I need to help you. Alohhaaa!!!

Your question should be something like this:
I have scrip that notify peoples(including ticket's AdminCcs) on create.
And also on create I have scrip that adds AdminCC to ticket. RT doesn't
notify AdminCcs. Why? :)

1) You didn't read well
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ScripExecOrder.

Caveats

     * Triggered scrips prepared without guarantied order.

Nobody guaranty that scrip that notify your admins is executed before
scrip that adds this admins cause event is the same "On Create".

2) You can merge this scrips in one.

Move your magic AdminCc assign code to scrip that notify people on
create. But place it in custom condition code. This is required if you
want your AdminCc be in place before any other code(notify) would be
executed.
To preserve meaning of condition "On Create" you should add check:

return 0 unless($self->TransactionObj->Type eq 'Create');

				Best regards. Ruslan.