[rt-users] API Documentation

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Fri Aug 6 21:14:13 EDT 2004

At 06:26 PM 8/6/2004, Mike Friedman wrote:
>But I was also told on this list that there's no documentation;  that I
>should look at the source.  But this can be quite time-consuming.  I've
>looked at some of the perl code that comes with RT, so I have an idea of
>what the API looks like.  But what I'd really like is what would normally
>appear on a man page, e.g, prototype function calls with return values.

Most of the API should be internally documented with POD. Just run perldoc
on the file you are interested in and you will get the sort of
documentation that is standard with a Perl module. On the wiki, there are
some howtos and examples that might help you get started. However, the
actual Mason components are the definitive reference implementation of the
API and it is often worth looking through that code.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                 http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"