[rt-users] Tickets Display and Rights

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Sun Aug 8 06:27:12 EDT 2004

Please keep this on the list so everyone can benefit.

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 06:06:23PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> * Michael S. Liebman <m-liebman at northwestern.edu> [20040804 18:39]: wrote:
> > Have a look at the Buglist
> > http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/contrib/3.0/Buglist.html for
> > an example of a custom report. That list groups by a "milestone"
> > custom field, but you could just as easily group by owner.
>
> That thing has no README associated with it. I could have easily figure
> out what to do with it if I knew something in Perl, but alas!! No clue.
> May you kindly explain to me how it can be used/deployed?

Put that file somewhere in your /path/to/rt3/local/html. Most people
put the Buglist in /NoAuth/ if it is their public bug list. If you
want to use it as is, just create a select single custom field named
'Milestone' and pass the queue you want to list as the ?q=<queuename>
get parameter. If you want to customize it, it is time to learn
Perl. :)

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"