[rt-users] Bulk Update - Patch for updating custom fields doesn't work

Les Stott support at cyberpro.com.au
Mon Aug 9 09:56:56 EDT 2004

Hi All,

we use RHES 3 with 5.8.0 Perl we are using RT 3.0.11 with the perl
workaround patch.

I have found on the user lists a patch to allow bulk updating of custom fields. (This feature was available in version 2, but has disappeared from version 3)

http://marc.free.net.ph/message/20040730.214644.a0e68191.html

So i downloaded the patch and attemtped to apply to Bulk.html.

But i got the following when patching....

File to patch: Bulk.html
patching file Bulk.html
Hunk #1 FAILED at 138.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Bulk.html.rej
missing header for unified diff at line 47 of patch
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
| <& /Elements/TitleBoxEnd &>
|

| <& /Elements/TitleBoxStart, title => loc('Edit Links'), color => "#336633"&>

--------------------------
File to patch: Bulk.html
patching file Bulk.html
Hunk #1 FAILED at 214.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Bulk.html.rej
missing header for unified diff at line 73 of patch
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------

| my $do_comment_reply=0;
| # Prepare for ticket updates

--------------------------
File to patch: Bulk.html
patching file Bulk.html
Hunk #1 FAILED at 261.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Bulk.html.rej
missing header for unified diff at line 95 of patch
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|     #Update the links
|     $ARGS{'id'} = $Ticket;
|     $ARGS{$Ticket->Id.'-MergeInto'} = $ARGS{'Ticket-MergeInto'};

--------------------------
File to patch: Bulk.html
patching file Bulk.html
Hunk #1 FAILED at 291.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Bulk.html.rej

It appears that the patch was written for 3.2 and is not compatible with 3.0.11.

Can anyone supply the correct patch? or a pre-patched Bulk.html file?

This is quite an important feature we need.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Les Stott